We are looking for an Engineering-Intern (m/f/d)
Location: Matzingen, Switzerland – Start: as soon as possible – Duration: min. 4 months
At cellvie, we are leveraging the therapeutic potential of mitochondria. Based on mitochondria augmentation and replacement, an approach developed at Harvard, we are building a medicinal platform. cellvie is a venture-backed start-up with primary activities close to Zürich and in Boston.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineering student, who is keen to apply his / her skills in the field of biotechnology, developing devices for the delivery of novel therapies. Ideally, you have hands-on experience in designing and / or building devices. You must be an entrepreneurial team player with great passion, drive, and diligence in your work.
What we are offering:
- Exciting and stimulating work-environment in a fast-growing start-up.
- The opportunity to apply and hone your skills in a practical setting
- Varied tasks, a great deal of responsibility and considerable degrees of freedom
- The chance to be actively involved in a project aiming to impact patients’ life.
- The opportunity to become an integral part of the team.
Who we are seeking:
We are looking for a tinkerer. Someone who gets excited in the face of engineering challenges, with the mental aptitude and perseverance to solve them. You are expected to be self-motivated and resourceful. You should have completed at least 3 years of studies in an engineering subject and ideally you have already worked (e.g. during an internship or your studies) on designing and building devices (not necessarily for medicinal applications).
- Creativity, drive, grid and eager to learn
- Problem solving super star
- Capacity to read up on and understand new subjects
- Positive spirit, a real drive for science and a good sense of humor.
Who we are:
- cellvie is a venture-backed biotechnology start-up, bringing about mitochondria-based therapies
- We are a team of likeminded individuals, passionate about our technology and the problems we seek to solve
- We are eager to go the extra mile and take pride in and joy from our work
- We have shown safety and efficacy of our therapy in pre-clinical studies and in a first clinical pilot and are now focusing on the commercial translation of the technology in a variety of fields
If you want to be part of this enthusiastic team to leverage the therapeutic potential of mitochondria, we will be happy to review your application! Send your CV and cover letter to Alex Schueller at cellvie: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are based in Matzingen (Lauchefeld 31, 9548 Matzingen, Switzerland), ~40 minute drive from Zürich.